Skip to main content
First Tech Routing #321180379
Frequently Asked Questions

Insurance Frequently Asked Questions

Some of our carriers offer limited online policy access through their websites, but not all.  Our insurance agency services all policies in-house. For assistance, you can contact our service department at or 855.744.8585.

Yes, automatic payment is offered by all carriers and is the most popular method for premiums.

Membership is currently not a requirement to conduct business with First Tech Insurance Services; however, with all the products and services the credit union offers, we highly recommend membership!

There are a variety of commercial insurances available depending on the nature of your business. It's best to contact our agency and explain your business needs so we can determine how to best assist you. Please contact us at or 855.744.8585.

Email us at, or call 855.744.8585 for assistance.

Please visit our Insurance Services page for the available insurance programs in your area.

If you need to file a claim, please contact your insurance carrier directly. If you have questions prior to filing, please contact us at or 855.744.8585 and we'll do our best to assist you.

Contact our in-house service center at or 855.744.8585

Our agents will be happy to help you with any policy updates. For assistance, please contact us at or 855.744.8585

Contact the insurance administrator or carrier directly to obtain a copy of your policy.

Please visit our Insurance Services page for the available insurance programs in your area. 

Similar to how car insurance works, if you get in an accident or incur a loss, you would file a claim with the insurance company. Often, you’ll have to cover the deductible then the insurer will pay for the losses and/or injury up to the limit if the incident is covered.

Boat insurance may cover physical damage to the boat and trailer. This would include the hull, motor, safety equipment, etc. Liability coverage may help pay for expenses if you cause an accident that damages someone else’s property.

Most states in the U.S. do not require boat insurance but your lender may. Or, if you’re mooring your boat at a marina, they may require insurance. Even if you’re not required to buy insurance, you might consider coverage to limit your risk. Like other types of insurance, boat insurance comes in a few varieties: collision, uninsured motorist, and liability.

Much of our business is conducted remotely, so the quickest and easiest way to contact our Insurance agency is through email at or by phone at 855.744.8585.

If you’re thinking about buying identity theft protection, consider a few key things first. These services are really more for monitoring current accounts and addressing the theft if it happens to you. And much of the monitoring you can do yourself, given you dedicate the time and energy. Sometimes people are motivated to buy coverage when they feel they are at higher risk of becoming a victim. No matter what you decide, it makes sense to monitor your own credit reports for free at and understand your rights by reviewing the Federal Trade Commission’s website on identity theft.

RV insurance is required when the vehicle is able to be driven (not being towed by a truck, for example). Self-propelled vehicles will require separate liability coverage and collision is highly recommend. You may also decide to buy an umbrella policy for additional coverage. Trailers being towed are typically covered by the towing vehicle’s liability policy. Shop around for coverage and discuss requirements/options with an insurance agent. 

Our Insurance Agency currently serves members living in California, Colorado, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. Though our agents are based in select locations, most insurance business is conducted remotely, so an agent is just an email or a phone call away. For more information, please contact us at or call us at 855.744.8585.

Most homeowner’s insurance policies cover: the dwelling and other structures, personal property, personal liability, loss of use, and medical payments. Natural disasters that are typically covered (unless specified) include: fire, lightning, fail, wind, hail, and freezing. Other covered events may be: explosions, damage caused by vehicles, theft or vandalism.

Identity theft protection coverage typically provides an array of monitoring; credit reports, change-of-address, court or criminal, public records, dark web, and social security number. Often, it also comes with an identity theft insurance component that promises to help cover expenses you incur as you try to clean up after becoming a victim. This may not cover all the costs associated with recovery so be sure to read the fine print. Perhaps most intriguing, these services can do little to actually prevent identity theft. 

We offer a full range of products, including: auto, homeowners, renters, dwelling, boat, recreational vehicle, motorhome, travel trailer, life, umbrella and business insurance. Explore what options are available in your state.