First Tech is a leader in providing financial services to transferees who are new to the U.S. We specialize in serving the needs of the world's most forward-thinking tech companies, including HP, Microsoft, Intel, Amazon, Cisco and many more. Our Relocation Banking ProgramSocial Security number required at application. can help your employees move their money quickly and easily. This allows them more time to focus on their new role here in the U.S.
Here’s how First Tech’s Relocation Banking Program can support you and your company:
- All questions about banking, building credit, home loans and insurance are directed to a single point-of-contact who specializes in helping your employees to relocate
- First Tech is one of the largest credit unions in the country, we’re not-for-profit and member owned
- We’ve been supporting relocation to the U.S. and within the U.S. for more than 20 years
- Our Relocation Banking Program addresses the needs of employees at every stage of life
- Access to First Tech’s Relocation Banking Program are open to all employees with an approved employer. Click here for more eligibility information
- Employees can set up accounts up to 60 days before they arrive in the U.S., without the need for a Social Security number
- We provide ongoing resources and education, so those new to the U.S have the opportunity to gain more knowledge and confidence banking in the U.S.
- We provide coordinated account set up and support for individuals or groups as needed in-person or virtually
How to get your employees access to these products and services
Step 1 Complete this simple form and someone on our Enterprise Account Management team will be in touch within two business days to discuss solutions for your company.
Step 2 Once you have agreed to move forward, we’ll submit your company’s partnership application internally.
Step 3 We will provide you with all the program documentation needed to distribute to employees and set your company up with our relocation specialists.
Program benefits for Foreign Nationals
- Checking and savings accounts opened up to 60 days prior to arriving in the U.S., allowing for the ability to wire funds and receive payroll deposits
- Social Security number is not required to establish savings and checking accounts
- Low down payment options and assumed FICO score for international relocation Mortgage borrower, with some restrictions. Social security number is needed for funding.
- Preferred loanSocial Security number required at application. and credit cardSocial Security number required at application. rates with little to no established U.S. credit history. Social security number is needed at the time of application.
- Favorable insuranceInsurance products and services offered through First Tech Insurance Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of First Tech Federal Credit Union. rates for members with little to no established insurance history
Program products and services
Your relocating employees may be eligible for the following First Tech Federal Credit Union products and services.
|Product or Service||Description|
|Savings||No monthly account fees, free digital banking and deposits are insured to $250,000 by the NCUA.|
|Checking||No monthly account fees, free chip-and-PIN enabled debit cards, free digital banking with Mobile Deposit and Bill Pay.|
|Credit Card||No foreign transaction fee, no balance transfer fee, and no cash advance fee. Earn points or cash on all transactions. New cardholder offers available.|
|Auto Loan||New and used auto loans at great rates and there is no cost to apply.|
|InsuranceInsurance products and services offered through First Tech Insurance Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of First Tech Federal Credit Union.||Home, property, automobile, life insurance and more. Our agents will shop rates for you and provide great options.|
|Renter's Insurance||Property coverage protects your belongings while liability coverage protects your assets and future income if you accidentally injure someone or damage their property|
|Personal Loan||Quick and easy online application. Borrow as little as $500.|
|Home LoanHome loan discounts cannot be combined with other promotions and only apply to relocating employees moving through company- sponsored relocation programs. You may start the application process before you have your Social Security number; however, it is required prior to loan closing. APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Property and/or flood hazard insurance may be required. Maximum loan limits may apply.||Personalized service throughout the process, unique loan options, and special incentives for relocating employees new to the U.S.|
|Online and Mobile Banking||Anytime, anywhere access for easy money management. Free Mobile deposit and Bill Pay. Send money with Zelle® and wire money domestically or internationally.|