BECOME A MEMBER
You talk we listenJoin Us
With which devices can I use the First Tech app?
Currently, our app runs on the iOS, Windows Phone and Android platforms. There are nearly 1,400 devices running the Android platform, and we've successfully tested our app on the devices below. Although you're welcome to try the app on Android devices not listed below, we're only able to guarantee performance on the devices noted below.
- Android Verizon Droid Bionic
- Android Sprint LS670
- Android Sprint
- Galaxy SII Skyrocket
- Galaxy SII
- HTC Evo
- HTC Sprint
- Samsung LG Optimus
Does the iOS app work on the iPad?
- Yes, you can use the iOS version on an iPad. However, it isn't a native iPad app so you might encounter some "quirks." Most of these will be related to visual display and not operational functionality.
What about BlackBerry?
- We don't have a version for BlackBerry in development. BlackBerry users can access most of the features of Online Banking through our Mobile Banking platform. Just type "firsttechfed.com" into your mobile browser to access it.
How does e-Deposit work with our app?
- It's now easier than ever to use e-Deposit. Instead of having to take a photo with your camera, you can now let the app detect the best image of the check via the video capture functionality. Once both sides of the check are captured, click submit to finish.
Note: If you're not already enrolled in e-Deposit, you'll get a message asking you to contact Member Services. You can enroll from a desktop computer or laptop and then use Mobile e-Deposit.
How secure is the app?
- We use the same security infrastructure as we do for our Online Banking platform to protect your financial transactions and identity. You can read more about how we and you can protect your security in our Fraud Prevention Center.
Do any iPhone/Android phone services still charge for "roaming"?
- The roaming charge isn't determined by the platform or app. It's dictated by the carrier - AT&T, Verizon, etc. Roaming occurs specifically when you travel outside the country, referred to as international roaming.
How do I reset my username or password?
- If you established your secret questions during the enrollment process, you can reset your password and retrieve your username online.
If you've not yet set up secret questions, please visit your local branch or call the Member Service Center for assistance. We highly recommend that once you reset your password, you set up secret questions on the Change Password page in Online Banking.
Why did I get a "You are not a Member" message when I try to access BillPay or e-Statements?
- This can occur when you're a joint owner on an account, but never established your own credit union membership. Please contact our Member Service Center to help establish your membership and enable access to these services.
Why does Online Banking log me off automatically?
- To protect your privacy, we default Online Banking to log you off automatically after 15 minutes of inactivity.
What do I do if I suspect fraudulent activity?
- You're protected from losses when transacting business online (and any time you use your account) when you contact us as soon as you notice suspected fraud. Do not hesitate to call us, as there is a limit to the amount of time you have to report an error or fraud. Call 855.855.8805 immediately or visit a local branch.
What about pop-up blockers?
- When attempting to access some services, including the Help files, we automatically open new browser windows so we don't interrupt your existing session. Depending on how strictly you set your pop-up blocker settings, you may not see these windows.
Please refer to your browser (or plug-in) help to allow pop-ups from firsttechfed.com, or select the link that appears when attempting to access these services.
Can I use Mint with a VIP token?
- No. If you currently use a VIP token you will have to disable it to login to Mint.
I am having issues connecting to my Mint account
- Confirm your username and password for First Tech Federal Credit Union is correct. This may involve going into your account settings within Mint and enter your First Tech username and password again.
I see more than one "First Tech" when I Iog in to Mint for the first time. Which one should I use?
- Please select "First Tech Federal CU (formerly Addison Avenue CU)" as your institution.
Can I use Quicken with my First Tech accounts?
- Yes, simply search for First Tech Federal Credit Union from Quicken to link to your accounts.
I am having issues connecting my account to Quicken
- Confirm you are using a recent version of Quicken. Quicken will only support the three most recent versions of its product. While your accounts and transactions may still be stored on an older version, features such as One Step Update will fail. For a list of supported Quicken products please visit https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-discontinuation-policy
Remove closed accounts from One Step Update. Closed accounts within Direct Connect and One Step Update may impact how Quicken downloads transactions for other active accounts. Check your Account List and be sure to review any hidden accounts to ensure that all closed accounts have been removed from One Step Update.
What are the technical requirements for using e-deposit in Online Banking?
- Here are the specific requirements for using the scan wizard feature of the e-deposit:
PC with Windows 7, Vista or XP (with Java 6.24+):
Internet Explorer version 8 or higher
Firefox version 3.6 or higher
Chrome version 15 or higher
MAC with OS 10.6.6 (Snow Leopard) or higher (with Java 6.24+):
Firefox version 4 or higher
Safari version 5 or higher
Chrome version 15 or higher
Internet Explorer version 7 users: If you can't upgrade or use an alternate, here is a workaround.
How do I dispute a transaction?
- Only Credit Card, ATM and Point-of-Sale transactions can be disputed. Click on the transaction to show the transaction details. If the transaction can be disputed, you should see the “Dispute” icon that allows you to click and submit a dispute.
How do I print my transaction history?
To print your transaction history, follow these steps:
- Login to Online Banking
- Select the account you want from the Dashboard
- Select the "Filter" icon
- Enter the criteria you'd like to see printed
- Click the "Search" button
- Click the "Printer" icon
- Click the "Print" button
How can I view my e-Statement?
- Log into Online Banking, from the Dashboard select the “Account” widget. Select the “Statement” Tab, and it will take you to your statements.
What is BillPay?
- BillPay lets you pay your bills online through First Tech Federal Credit Union. You can pay anyone in the United States that you would normally pay by check or automatic debit, even if you do not receive bills from the company or person you want to pay.
How does BillPay work?
- To pay your bills online, simply add your payees (the companies or people you want to pay). We use this information to make the payments for your bills. After you add your payees, you can go to the Payment Center. The Pay Bills section lists all of the payees you've added in BillPay. To pay a bill, enter a payment amount and the date when you want the company or person to receive your payment. You can also select this date from the calendar.
Who can I pay using BillPay?
- You can pay anyone in the United States that you would normally pay by check or automatic debit. Even if you don't receive bills from the company or person you want to pay, you can still add the information we use to make payments. You can pay large companies and small companies, as well as individuals such as child care providers or family members.
How secure is my bill payment and personal information?
BillPay uses several methods to ensure that your information is secure.
SSL - BillPay uses SSL (secure sockets layer) which ensures that your connection and information are secure from outside inspection.
Encryption - BillPay uses 128-bit encryption to make your information unreadable as it passes over the Internet.
Automatic Sign Out - BillPay automatically signs you out of a session if you are inactive for a predefined time (usually 10 minutes). It is best if you sign out immediately after you finish your tasks in BillPay.
Can I use assistive technology to access BillPay?
- Yes, we've incorporated several enhancements based on priorities one and two of the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. These enhancements aim to make BillPay more accessible to assistive technology users.
Tips for Screen Reader Users
The following features may help you navigate BillPay more easily:
Skip to Main Content Links - These links allow you to skip the page banner and the redundant navigation links and go directly to the main page content.
Link Titles - If a link opens a new window, you are alerted in the link title. Most of the links have descriptive labels, but we provide additional information in the link title if necessary. For this reason, we recommend that you set your screen reader to read the link title attributes.
Table Summaries - Whenever information is presented in a table format, we provide a brief description of the contents.
Font Sizes - The fonts can be resized without significantly changing the layout of a page.
For best performance, we recommend you use one of the following supported browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 (Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7)
Firefox 6 (Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7)
Apple Safari 5.1 (OS X 10.6 and 10.7)
Chrome 14 (Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7)