Student Loan options.
- You are a First Tech member or become one as part of the loan application process–there is no set-up or recurring cost to join. See the membership FAQs below.
- You currently have private and/or federal student loans from a qualified school*.
- You and cosigner (if applicable) are U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- …or you are the parent of a borrower who meets these criteria (See Parent Plus loans).
Yes, we do parent student loan refinancing, with fantastic rates.
Here are a few simple tips to keep in mind:
- Fill out the online application. The applicant information will be the parents’ information.
- For School/Loan/Graduate information–this will be the student’s information.
- If loans were taken out for multiple children, you will need to submit a separate application for each student beneficiary.
Frequently asked questions.
Am I eligible to join First Tech?
There are hundreds of ways you can be eligible to join First Tech. If you don't meet any of the criteria below - don't worry! Just give us a call at 855.855.8805 or stop by a branch and we'll help you navigate.
- A family member or household member is a First Tech member
- You or a family member work for an innovative company on our partner list or for the State of Oregon
- You work or live in Lane County, Oregon
How do I join?
Joining First Tech is easy.
- Stop by a First Tech location
- Call 855.855.8805 to learn more
- Apply online when creating a loan application
Are there locations near me?
First Tech has over 40 locations with hubs in Washington, Oregon, & California.
You can deposit or withdraw money from our network of over 30,000 CO-OP branches and ATMs.
Best of all, First Tech has one of the most advanced banking apps in the industry that allows you to deposit money, pay bills, transfer money and send money to friends.
What if I don’t get the loan or decide I don’t want it?
There is no obligation to join and your membership will not be opened unless you are approved for and accept your loan.
What are the benefits to refinancing my student loans?
Potential benefits of refinancing student loans include:
- Combining multiple payments from various lenders into one payment
- Enjoying simple, clear loan terms and knowing when your loan will be paid off
- Possibility of lowering your monthly payment
- Possibility of getting a lower interest rate and/or saving hundreds or even thousands of dollars of interest over the life of the loan
What documentation will you need from me?
During the application process we’ll need proof of income, usually a W-2 form for the last two years and a current paystub will suffice. Additionally, we’ll need the most recent statements of your current loans. Other items may be required as we process your loan.
What interest rate will I get?
Rates are determined by your credit score, terms of the loan and the amount of the loan. The rate will be disclosed to you prior to you accepting the loan. You can get a rate estimate in minutes from our handy Student Loan Refinance calculator.