Mechanical Repair Coverage (MRC)
Extra protection to keep you on the road
(Only available for auto loans)
MRC can help limit the cost of repairs.
You depend on your car. But big unexpected repairs can happen after your factory warranty expires. Mechanical Repair Coverage (MRC) can help you limit the cost of covered breakdowns. You pay only the applicable deductible, if any. MRC can help lighten the financial burden for you and the people you care about. Get MRC today so you can worry a little less about tomorrow.
What is Mechanical Repair Coverage?
MRC is an optional, supplemental protection that can be added to your auto loan. MRC covers most repairs, from fuel pumps to engine repairs, helping you avoid spending thousands of dollars out of pocket.Actual costs may vary by vehicle year, make, and model. Prices based on specific manufacturer-suggested labor & component repair prices for a representative sample of 2016 Asian, Domestic, and European vehicles as reported by a nationally-recognized labor/time publication.
Benefits for covered repairs
- Limit repair costs to your deductible, if any.
- Low deductible.
- Rental reimbursement up to $35/day for 5 days (up to an additional 5 days with verified parts delay) from day one.
- 24-hour emergency roadside assistance up to $100 per occurrence. Includes towing, battery jump start, fluid delivery, flat tire assistance and lock-out service.
- Travel expense reimbursement up to $200 per day for 1-5 days for food, lodging and rental expenses.Only when a covered breakdown occurs 100 miles or more from home. (Not available to NY residents.)
- Good at any authorized repair facility in the U.S. or Canada.
- No out of pocket expense (except any deductible). Plan pays the repair facility.
- Transferable to increase resale value: Only if sold privately. Subject to transfer fee.
- Cancel for a full refund within 60 days.Full refund available only if coverage is unused in the first 60 days. If used or cancelled after 60 days, refund is pro-rated less administrative fee. Cancellation administrative fees vary by state.
Normal maintenance, such as batteries, oil changes and tires are not covered. Details will be in your policy documents.
Add MRC to your loan
Ask a First Tech Representative for details or request a quote by calling 855-855-8805. Mechanical Repair Coverage is provided and administered by Consumer Program Administrators, Inc. in all states except CA, where coverage is offered as insurance by Virginia Surety Company, Inc., in WA, where coverage is provided by National Product Care Company and administered by Consumer Program Administrators, Inc., in FL, LA and OK, where coverage is provided and administered by Automotive Warranty Services of Florida, Inc. (Florida License #60023 and Oklahoma License #44198051), all located at 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago Illinois 60604, 800.752.6265. This coverage is made available to you by CUNA Mutual Insurance Agency, Inc. In CA, where Mechanical Repair Coverage is offered as insurance (form MBIP 08/16), it is underwritten by Virginia Surety Company, Inc.
Coverage varies by state. Be sure to read the Vehicle Service Contract or the Insurance Policy, which will explain the exact terms, conditions, and exclusions of this voluntary product.