Youth Villages Foster Youth Savings Program
Youth Villages Oregon and First Tech Federal Credit Union have teamed up to help you establish your financial independence. The collab seeks to educate and empower you so you can build positive financial habits and a solid foundation for the future.
- Youth Villages Foster Youth ages 13-17 and those over 18
- Live in Oregon or Southwest Washington
You’ve got dreams to chase and achievements to crush. Learning how to get the money stuff dialed in now will help you through whatever life brings next. Plus, you work hard for the money you have. Having your own accounts puts you in charge of what’s yours. Youth Villages and First Tech have people ready to help you every step of the way.
If you're 13-17:
1. Gather your gear:
- A valid government-Issued ID (see the Frequently Asked Questions section below for more details)
- If you don’t have a valid government-issued ID you can provide two forms of secondary ID and the Youth Villages flyer for this program. See the Frequently Asked Questions section below for more details.
2. Schedule an appointment at a First Tech location.
3. Bring $5 for the Membership Savings account, $10 for a Start Up Checking account, $25 for a Start Up Savings account, and any other money you want to put in your account(s). Cash or checks are easiest.
If you’re 18 years or older:
- Grab your valid government-issued ID
- Join First Tech online or schedule an appointment at a First Tech location
- If joining online you’ll need to have a checking or savings account at another bank or credit union (so you can transfer money electronically) to establish a First Tech Membership Savings account with $5. If joining in a branch you can just bring $5 cash or check. For a Carefree Savings account the minimum opening balance is $25 and for a Carefree Checking account it’s $10.