How to deposit a check on Mobile
Depositing a paper check with the First Tech App is fast and secure. You’ll be saving yourself time and gas money by using mobile deposit at home or where ever you are. No ATM or branch needed and it takes just a minute to make a deposit.
Download the Mobile App by scanning the QR code.
Login to the First Tech App and navigate to the Deposit feature on the footer menu.
Read and accept the notice about mobile deposits.
Tap on the “Deposit account“ field and select the account you where you want the funds deposited.
Tap on the “Deposit amount” field and enter the amount of the check then tap on the “Confirm amount” button.
Tap on the “Front of Check” box and center the screen on the front side of the paper check. The App will attempt to autocapture an image of the entire front side of the check. If it’s unable to grab a suitable image, you’ll be given the opportunity to snap a photo of the check by tapping on the image in the bottom right corner of the screen when prompted.
Tap on the “Back of Check” box and capture the back side of the check.
After both images have been captured, tap on the “Submit deposit” button. All set.
Best practices for mobile deposit
- Remember to sign the back of the check before capturing an image.
- Make sure the amount on the check is the same amount you’ve entered in the “Deposit amount” field.
- Confirm the amount on the check is equal to or less than your daily deposit limit.
- Check the box on the back that says something like “For mobile deposit only”. If this doesn’t exist, write “For mobile deposit at First Tech” on the back, under the signature line.
- Place your check on a dark surface so the check can be seen clearly.
- Make sure all four corners of the check are intact and not folded.
- You may need to capture the image in a place that is well-lit so the image isn’t too dark.
- After using mobile deposit, store the paper check in a safe place for at least 60 days.