shouldn’t be tricky.
First Tech offers straightforward fixed rates and Student Loan Specialists to help you get a great deal.
As low as Annual Percentage Rate (APR) - Learn More APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Actual rate will be determined based on the applicant’s credit history, and final loan terms. All loans are subject to credit approval. Credit Union membership is required and subject to approval.
Checking your rate will not affect your credit score.Check my rate: To check the rates and terms First Tech Federal Credit Union conducts a soft credit pull that will not affect your credit score. However, if you choose a product and continue your application, we will request your full credit report from one or more consumer reporting agencies, which is considered a hard credit pull and may affect your credit. All loan applications are subject to credit approval. Membership is required and subject to approval.
Why refinance your student loans with First Tech?
- No application fees, origination fees or prepayment penalties
- Flexible loan terms: 5, 7, 10, or 15 years
- No payments for up to 90 daysDeferring your first payment (up to 90 days from the funding date of your loan) is optional and is not a condition of your loan. Deferring your loan payment may affect your APR and the total interest you pay. All other loan terms and provisions will remain the same.
- Many ways to join First Tech.
- DebtSafe® Optional payment protection
NOTE: Borrowers who refinance federal student loans with a private loan could lose certain benefits or repayment options, such as income-based repayment plans or Public Service Loan Forgiveness. Federal student loans offer deferment and forbearance options that are not available if you refinance with a private loan. Please compare your current benefits with those of this program before refinancing. More information at www.studentaid.gov.
Call our Student Loan Specialists
I actually saved.
Student Loan options.
Membership comes with benefits. First Tech is a full-service financial institution with all the products and services you would expect from a top national bank. The more you use, the more you can save. We offer special benefits to members who open a Student Loan Refinance, to help you save even more.
- Receive 0.25% off standard Auto Loan rates when you apply within 30 days of opening a Student Loan RefinanceCannot be combined with any other offers. Discount applies to any refinance or new purchase auto loan. Loan must be made directly with First Tech Federal Credit Union and not through a third party.
- 10,000 Bonus Reward Points when you open a new First Tech Choice Rewards World Mastercard®10,000 Bonus Rewards Points – Rewards Points will be awarded on the second statement following account opening. Returned purchases, balance transfers, finance charges, fees, cash advances, purchases of cash or cash equivalents (prepaid debit cards or other stored value/reloadable cards), interest charges, gambling chips, lottery tickets, travelers’ checks, insurance charges or unauthorized charges are not eligible for Rewards Points. First Tech does not have the ability to control how a retailer chooses to classify their business and therefore reserves the right to determine which purchases qualify for Rewards Points.
- You are a First Tech member or become one as part of the loan application process (There is no set-up or recurring cost to join. See the membership FAQs.)
- You currently have private and/or federal student loans from a qualified school.
- You and cosigner (if applicable) are U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You are the parent of a borrower who meets these criteria (See Parent Plus loans).
- The debt is from a Title IV-accredited school that offers Associates, Bachelors, Masters and/or Doctorate degrees.
Yes, we offer Parent Plus student loan refinancing, with fantastic rates. Here are a few simple tips to keep in mind:
- Fill out the online application. The applicant information will be the parent’s information.
- For School/Loan/Graduate information, this will be the student’s information.
- If loans were taken out for multiple children, you will need to submit a separate application for each student beneficiary.
- If you have any questions, call a Student Loan Specialist at 1.888.422.5680