Home Buying: Paperwork you'll need
Paperwork is a necessary step in the home-buying process. The upside? It gets you closer to relaxing in your new home.
Your First Tech loan officer will walk you through what’s specifically needed for your mortgage loan application based on your individual employment and financial situation. However, having the basic documents below ready will help your mortgage application process go as quickly and smoothly as possible. Be prepared to share documentation of any income or assets that will be used in the qualification process.
The following documents are commonly requested:
- Paycheck stubs for the past 30 days
- W-2 Forms for the past 2 years
- Prior two months of statements from all your banking and retirement accounts
- Tax returns for prior two years
- Proof of pension income, if applicable
- Social Security and Disability payments, if applicable
- Details of securities accounts (stocks and bonds)
- If self-employed, year-to-date profit and loss statement plus prior two years’ filed tax returns