What's new in digital banking.
First Tech regularly updates our Online and Mobile Banking features in order to improve your user experience. Check back monthly for our newest additions.
First Tech App updates
Our exciting new release makes several improvements to the app. You’ll notice a couple updates right away as our log in screen now contains a new menu for quick actions and the biometrics login method. Searching for a transaction in the Accounts feature is easier to find (look for the magnifying glass icon) and your full account numbers are on display making them easy to find for transfers or referencing.
Electronic Signature Consent
In an effort to bring you new features, our Electronic Signature Consent needed an update. You’ll be asked to accept this agreement after you log in to digital banking (desktop or mobile app).
New Overdraft Services feature
This new tool allows you to view how we can protect your account and which services you are enrolled in. If you don't see it in your menu, go to Settings then Widgets to add it to your list of features.
New year, new login screen
View your investment accounts in the First Tech app
Masked account numbers for your protection
Your full account numbers now appear partially masked in online banking. There’s an image of an eye below the account name and clicking on this image will reveal the full account number. Note that your account numbers are not visible on the mobile app, only through the Accounts feature via desktop.
Quicker Bill Pay
Make payments even faster now by clicking on Quick Bill Pay in the expandable menu from the online banking dashboard. Any one-time payments to your payees can be made this way.
We won’t test your memory
Now when you’re making a transfer, we display the account balances directly next to their respective “From” and “To” accounts so you don’t have to exit out of the transfer process to check your balances. You will also see them when you’re confirming the transfer.
Electronic mortgage statements for joint owners
Joint owners on First Tech mortgages can now view their electronic mortgage statements in the Statements feature within digital banking.
Manage Cards gets updates that save you time.
- Now you can submit a single travel notification for all your active First Tech credit cards. Note: if you submit a second travel notification, this will overwrite your first request.
- The error messages for Balance Transfer and Activate New Card are much clearer with a reason why your action is failing, and what you can do to resolve the issue.
- The Travel Notifications, Replace Card and Balance Transfer features have been made ADA-compliant.
- For most of us, an error message like 46HLX41SO98R isn’t very helpful. When Manage Cards is having issues, we’ll now display a downtime message for when services are interrupted. No secret decoder ring required.
Enhanced notifications for account changes.
We've enhanced the email or text notifications you receive when there are changes to your digital banking account. We updated the content in these notifications to let you know if it was your username, password, phone number or email that has been updated. Also, if you have your Online Banking Access Alert turned on (highly recommend, go to Settings to activate), there is now a time stamp in the notification indicating the exact time your account was accessed.
Makeover for the accounts screen in the app.
The mobile app’s accounts screen has undergone several improvements. Functionalities and design are more modern and align with the newest industry standards. Highlights include:
- Your account’s nickname and number are now displayed at the top, so multiple-account holders will always know which account they’re viewing.
- Account balance is now displayed more prominently and clearly.
- Quick action buttons have been added to make a deposit or submit a bill pay, directly from the new Accounts screen.
- You can swipe left to switch between accounts without having to tap on the “back” arrow, and swipe down to refresh transactions.
- For iOS users, if you wish to re-arrange the order of your default features in the bottom navigation bar or add/remove a feature, you can now do this by going to Settings > Navigation.
- If you prefer the scrolling motion, we have now enabled infinite scrolling to view your transactions. You can also click on the magnifying glass icon at the top of the screen to search for a transaction.
The fine print.
Effective July 1st, 2020, when you use the “Deposit” feature in digital banking platforms, we’ll present you with an updated Mobile E-Deposit Capture Agreement to read through and re-accept before proceeding. You can also read the full document here.
Search and ADA enchantments.
We made significant updates to the Zelle® search function in the Activity Center. The enrollment screen’s design has improved accessibility and is now ADA compliant.