Follow these simple steps to make your banking more convenient.
1. Enroll in Online Banking
Once you enroll, you can:
- Transfer money between your First Tech accounts or accounts outside of First Tech
- Monitor your accounts with Notifications or by reviewing your account history
- Pay and manage bills (note: you’ll need a desktop computer to enroll in BillPay and setup payees)
Frequently asked questions
How do I get an Online Banking PIN?
To obtain a PIN, please contact us at 855.855.8805.
When will I receive my debit card?
You will receive your card within 10 business days of opening your account. Once you get your card, be sure you activate it by calling the phone number on the back of the card.
What benefits does my debit card offer?Learn more here.
How do I order checks?
- Log in to Online Banking
Once logged in to Online Banking, locate your “CHECK SERVICES” widget under “MORE”. If you cannot find it, click on “WIDGET OPTIONS” and locate “CHECK SERVICES” by scrolling down to the bottom of the page.
- Navigate to Reorder Checks tab
In the “CHECK SERVICES” widget, there is a “Reorder Checks” tab. Clicking this tab will provide a link and instructions on how to order more checks through our trusted third-party check-ordering service, Harland Clarke. To get started, click the “Order Checks” button at the bottom and follow the instructions.
- Pick your checks
Click on the style you prefer, enter a starting check number and confirm your information.
Note: This service does NOT allow you to change the personal information on your checks (e.g., names, address, id numbers, etc.), change your next starting number, or be used for your first order of checks. To reorder your checks, you will need the following four pieces of information that can be found on your First Tech check or on your Statements:
• The routing number of First Tech Federal Credit Union: 321180379
• Your account number
• The starting check number of your next order—this is the number following your last check from your previous order
• Your e-mail address—this is used to send you a confirmation message that your check order was received and is being processed