Three most overlooked Online and Mobile Banking
features you should know about
For most of our Online and Mobile Banking users, having the option to view account details, move money between accounts, and pay a business electronically is simply good enough for day-to-day banking. But we don’t want to stop at being good enough—we want to make sure our members are familiar with all the other Online and Mobile Banking features that can make life even simpler. Here are the top three, value-packed, most overlooked features you should take advantage of today:
1. Secure Messaging: Online and Mobile Banking
Did you know that one of the easiest and quickest ways to contact First Tech is to send us a secure message? This can be done in your First Tech mobile app or in Online Banking. Our Contact Center representatives encourage our members to take advantage of the Message Center, as we want to ensure you get help when you need it. Try it out today if you have a non-urgent matter. Our representatives are available 7 days a week to answer your inquiries!
How to log into Secure Messaging through your desktop or your phone:
2. Quick Login: Mobile Banking
We all know that fingerprints are like snowflakes: every one of them is unique. Even two fingerprint impressions recorded immediately after each other from the same finger can be different. This is why your fingerprints are widely used in the identify verification process by various industries. You might also know that our mobile app also has this feature, but you may have never activated it. Read this step-by-step guide to see how easy it is to get started. You will also set up a four-digit PIN as a back-up option and as a second layer of protection for your account.
- Before you log into your account, check the “Enable Quick Login” box
- Agree to the “Quick Login Disclosures”
- Choose a four-digit PIN
- Customize your device’s name
- If you have a smartphone that has an iOS or an Android operating system, and you have “using your fingerprints to unlock your phone” set up and turned on, you can start using your fingerprints to log in next time. If you don’t have your fingerprint impressions stored, you can just use the four-digit PIN for Quick Login.
Still have questions? Check out our more in-depth step-by-step guide.
3. Balance Peek: Mobile Banking
Technology is all about making our lives easier. That’s why we have the "Balance Peek" option (which only takes three seconds to turn on) and you get to decide which account(s) you want to view. Once it's on, you no longer have to go through the trouble of having to log into your account just to view your account balances. Instead, simply launch your mobile app and click on "balance peek."
To turn on the "balance peek" feature:
- Go to your mobile app's Settings then choose "balance peek"
- Select which accounts balances you want to turn on, then "Save"
Have any questions about other features that are not listed in this article? Check out our Online Services page, or send a Secure Message to your First Tech Representative.